· Complete and/or check the status of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) now!
· Check the status of your FAFSA after it has been processed. Be sure to check your FAFSA to see if you have been selected for Verification.
· If you have been selected for verification:
Federal regulations now require you to submit a signed Federal Tax Return Transcript (not Federal Tax Return) to the ETSU Office of Financial Aid; OR for you to use the new IRS data retrieval feature on the FAFSA to automatically retrieve your income data from your federal tax return (if eligible).
If Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP (formerly known as Food Stamps) is required to be reported on your FAFSA as being received for 2010 or 2011, you will need to turn in a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP (formerly known as Food Stamps) Self-Certification Form or further documentation to the ETSU Office of Financial Aid. If you complete the FAFSA on the web, it will determine if you are required to report the SNAP benefits on the FAFSA. If the FAFSA does not require you to report SNAP benefits, you will not have to verify receipt of SNAP (Food Stamps) to the ETSU Office of Financial Aid.
Note: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is the new name for Food Stamps. SNAP or Food Stamps may have a different name in your state. Call 1-800-4-FED-AID to find out the name of your state’s program.
· Follow up as soon as possible by turning in the other required Verification documents to the office. April 15 is the Priority deadline to have FAFSA filed, verification complete, all corrections made, and file ready to package for 2012-2013. Be proactive and adhere to the other Important Dates and Deadlines. Following the Step-by-Step Guide on our website will help you through the financial aid process.
Note: The ETSU Office of Financial Aid can no longer accept copies of Federal 1040 Tax Returns. 3 easy options to order a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS.
· Remember to also check your Financial Aid Status on GoldLink frequently for student requirements or call the ETSU Office of Financial Aid.