DEVELOP A SPENDING PLAN
What if you have expenses in addition to your education?
if you are a student with existing obligations (children, mortgage, etc.), take a look at our monthly spending plan. This spending plan accommodates many different expenses you may not have needed to consider for your budget plan. Creating a monthly spending plan that will also prepare you to approach loan repayment comfortably.
What if I don't have enough money to meet my needs?
- Do you have time to work, or work a few more hours in your current job?
- Use your campus meal plan before going out with friends.
- If you live off campus, consider cooking at home instead of dining out.
- Be a thrifty shopper by collecting coupons or buying store brands.
- Enjoy free or low cost events on campus or in your community.
- Try carpooling to work or school.
- If you live on campus, consider a shared room instead of a private one, a less expensive dorm, or a change in your meal plan option.
- Be aware of the little things you spend your money on like trips to the vending machine, daily lattes, nails, hair, and movies. These expenses can add up a lot faster than you think!