Tuesday, July 12, 2016
- Students may submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) earlier each year. Students will be able to file a 2017-2018 FAFSA as early as Oct. 1, 2016 (Previously not available until after January 1st each year).
- Completion of the FAFSA will also be simplified for students and parents who use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
- Students are required to use prior-prior year federal tax information on the FAFSA. When completing a 2017-2018, FAFSA students will report federal tax information from the 2015 tax year.
Thursday, December 17, 2015
By Anne Del Plato, U-fi Student Loans December 15, 2015 4:15 pm
1. Know How to Budget Your Money
2. Finish School on Time
3. File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Meet Deadlines
4. Look for Grant and Scholarship Resources
Tuesday, May 5, 2015
- New log in process to improve security and customer experience for students and parents.
- New FSA ID will be comprised of a user-selected username and password to replace the Federal Student Aid PIN, as the process by which students, parents, and borrowers authenticate their identity to access their federal student aid information.
- Implementation will begin May 10, 2015.
- There is nothing a user can or should do prior to implementation.
- Only the owner of the FSA ID should create his or her account.
- The FSA ID serves as a legal signature, and only should be known and used by the owner.