Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Thursday, September 22, 2016
- The 2017–18 FAFSA will launch three months early—on October 1, 2016 instead of January 1, 2017
- Students can now complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) http://www.fafsa.gov early
- The IRS Data Retrieval Tool should be used to import 2015 income information
- Some grants are awarded to students who apply early
- Students can now read their ETSU email frequently, check their Financial Aid Status on GoldLink, submit any documents requested and follow-up
- Students can now email the ETSU Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any questions
- Need Help? Make a FastPass Appointment to see a counselor http://www.etsu.edu/finaid
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND COLLEGE BETWEEN JULY 1, 2017 AND JUNE 30, 2018, COMPLETE THE 2017–18 FAFSA AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER OCTOBER 1.
Why? Some states and schools run out of financial aid early and some types of financial aid are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Completing the FAFSA early will hold your place in line.
IT WILL BE EASIER TO COMPLETE THE FAFSA EARLY THIS YEAR!
From now on, the FAFSA will ask for older income and tax information that you will already have. This change means you won’t have to use estimates anymore, or log in later to update your FAFSA after you file taxes!
Remember: Check your Financial Aid Status on GoldLink, read your ETSU email frequently, and follow-up with the ETSU Office of Financial Aid
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
- Students may submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) earlier each year. Students will be able to file a 2017-2018 FAFSA as early as Oct. 1, 2016 (Previously not available until after January 1st each year).
- Completion of the FAFSA will also be simplified for students and parents who use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
- Students are required to use prior-prior year federal tax information on the FAFSA. When completing a 2017-2018, FAFSA students will report federal tax information from the 2015 tax year.